RE: (ASCEND) COMPLETE BULLSHIT

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

>** it's a software bug--happens to 4048's too.
>
>I *seriously* doubt it.  Out of 11 boxes running 7.0.22, this is the only
>box it's happened on.
>
>What's different about this box than all the others?
>
>For starters, it has a 10/100 ethernet port.  Ok, that's 3 of the 11.
>
>Now, of those 3, 2 are connected to a 10/100 switch running in 100MB / Full
>duplex.  These 2 6000's haven't had their ethernet go down, but the Rx and
>Tx stats are way off.  (100 million packets recieved, only 50k packets
>transmitted???).

I noticed the same thing, and I was worried that something was broken, but
test after test showed it to be okay.  But that still makes me nervous...
Does anyone know what causes this odd false measurement?

David M. Lloyd                  mailto:david@inxpress.net

Administrator
Internet Express, Inc.
802 W. Broadway, Suite 0101