(ASCEND) using a pri controller for t1 lines

This may or may not be the stupidest question to ever grace this list but I
am somewhat new to the max product line.  Here goes I just got my first
"real" ascend product in and ran into a slight (understatement) problem.
The unit in question is a max tnt with 400 odd modems, 2 octal pri cards,
100 base t etc.  Problem: it is needed to replace a cisco 5300 but the 5300
is not only handling ras but also the routing for 2 t-1's, one to a customer
location and another connecting the cisco to my main site.  The question is,
can I use a couple of ports on the t-1/pri card for the T-1's or will this
not work.  I read somewhere that it was supposed to but I had never seen it
done in the real world and I have currently have no way of testing this,
(cut backs killed the test lab)

Nik Donovan
System and Network Administrator,
NeuMedia Inc.
"West Virgnia's Leading Source for Internet access"
"Technology is great. . .  when it works!"
(304) 472-8500 for Support and Billing
(304) 472-8554 Fax Number
(304) 472-6248 Web page support
(304) 987-0645 24x7 pager