(ASCEND) Call Filters - Need Help...

I'm pretty new to the wonderful world of Ascend and need a hand with
call filters.  We're working with a P50 doing ISDN, software release
6.1.19.

I'm trying to setup some filters so that the system only dials under the
following conditions:
  * Telnet
  * SMTP
  * POP3
  * UUCP over TCP

If I understand the documentation correctly, call filters *PREVENT*
certain packets from causing a dial - going on that knowledge, I've
setup filters to block:
  * nameservice (53)
  * windows browsing stuff (135, 137, 138, 139)

A sample filter looks like this:
  "Main Edit Menu -> Ethernet -> Filters -> IP Call -> Input Filters ->
In Filter 01 ---->"

  In Filter 01
  Valid=Yes
  Type=IP
  Generic... <I haven't changed anything in here>
  Ip...
    Forward=Yes
    Src Mask=0.0.0.0
    Src Addrs=0.0.0.0
    Dst Mask=0.0.0.0
    Dst Addrs=0.0.0.0
    Protocol=6
    Src Port Cmp=None
    Src Port #=N/A
    Dst Port Cmp=Eql
    Dst Port #=135
    TCP Estab=No
  IPX... <I haven't changed anything in here>

I have filters 0-5 defined.

Now.... If we go here:
  "Main Edit Menu -> Ethernet -> Connections -> iglou -> Session Options
-> Call Filter=1"

Call Filter was set to a value of "1" on the assumption that it was a
0/1 value, now I'm not sure that's correct.

Anyhow, this is where it gets odd - telnet will start a connection, SMTP
& POP3 will not.  Why?  I've got to be missing something simple here,
I've been over the documentation more than once.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim