RE: (ASCEND) max > radius > ace

Hi Edwin,

The master/slave ACE-Serverconfiguration works perfect.
Also the Radius on the ACE-Master-Server.

>does radius2 point to the slave for auth initially or to the Master?

What do you mean with point to... ?
The radius2 get the request from the NAS if the radius1 did not work.
The ACE-Master, were also the radius1 is installed, is still working.
So the ACE-Slave is not aktive.
The radius2 should now contact the ACE-Master. But you know....

>The sdconf.rec file should identify the Master as the primary, and the
>same file would have radius2 contact the Slave if unavailable.

I think you mean that I use the buildin RADIUS from SecureDynamics
but I don't. Not enough freedom. I have to work with suffixes. I have
test it, but it seems to be that I stupid or something else.

>Verify the sdconf.rec file is in the proper location on radius2 and
>references both the Master/slave.

It's OK !

thanks for your ideas. Perhaps more ?

best regards
Robert

Hi,

I hope for experts it is an easy question.

Constellation:

	  ---- RadiusServer 1 with ACE Master (Solaris & DTC Radius)
MAX  -->
	  ---- RadiusServer 2 with ACE Slave (Solaris & DTC Radius)

---RadiusServer 1 Process dead
	The MAX send the request to the RadiusServer 2
	Now the RadiusServer 2 should ask the ACE Master for authentication.
	He tries it, but it doesn't work.
	The error message from the radius : ACM Error: Unable to locate ACE/Server host

Any suggetions what I have forgotten ??

thanks in advance

Robert