Re: (ASCEND) Remote Radius For Port Wholesaling

Rich Hervig wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the best way to configure external-auth on a TNT
> when you want to sell ports off your TNT to another ISP? It would be
> cool to not have to use prefixes or suffixes in the login names.
> If they had a BOB with password BOB and so did we how would that work?
> I want to send calls from certain ports to a remote radius server.
> Just get me started , I really appreciate it.

Using Lucent PortAuthory you can Proxy Authentication requests to different
remote servers based on Called-Station-Id, Client, Port and other items in the
access-Request packet.  You could have different phone numbers pointing to the
same PRI and then give each client their own phone number and use that to
proxy it to the correct remote server.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com> <tkinnen@sobhrach.com>
[RADIUS Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies RABU