Re: (ASCEND) Remote Radius For Port Wholesaling

> Can anyone tell me the best way to configure external-auth on a TNT
> when you want to sell ports off your TNT to another ISP? It would be
> cool to not have to use prefixes or suffixes in the login names.
> If they had a BOB with password BOB and so did we how would that work?
> I want to send calls from certain ports to a remote radius server.
> Just get me started , I really appreciate it.

You've already mentioned a couple of strategies. Let me summarize them:

1. Prefixes/suffixes/identifying marks in the username

2. Separate ports on the box

3. Seperate phone numbers, but the same physical ports.

I recommend the last one, although if you want to hardcode who gets how
many ports (ISP A gets 5 T1's, ISP B gets 3), then the second is good
too.

In all cases, I think the best aproach is to have a master RADIUS server
that accepts all requests from the NAS, and decides which ISP it belongs
to based on whatever the criteria are (username for the first, slot & port
number for the second, DNIS/Called number for the third), and resends
the packets to the paropriate RADIUS server belonging to the ISP.

This is a proxy RADIUS server.

I'm not sure exactly which RADIUS servers can do this, but I know some can.

-Phil