(ASCEND) Macs/PPP/Max 4000

I would like my Mac users to be able to dial into the Max 4000 via PPP so they
can
have TCP/IP connectivity to the network.  But they always fail when they try to
dial in.
The Win 9X and NT users have no problem dialing in with Dialup Networking to the
Max for IP and IPX.  The AOS is 5.0Ap36.  Is there anything special I need to
configure
on the Max side or the Mac client side to get them to negotiate properly?

Please cc: mmedwid@symantec.com as I'm not sure if I'm still subscribed to the
list.  I haven't seen any messages in a couple of days.  Thanks.

-Michael