(ASCEND) PRI into a MAX2012

I have a new Max2012 (rev 7.0.3) with a single PRI into it that has never
been configured before.  The MAX sees the incoming call (indicated by the r
in the status window for channel 1), it then immediately terminates the call
with cause code 100 and the call goes to a fast busy.  I have been on the
phone with the guy in the switch room and he says he can open the port
directly from the switch and the MAX answers the call with one of its
modems, but when we call it through the PSTN it behaves as above.  He also
says that he sees trouble on the line right when the call is coming in from
the PSTN.

He's pointing the finger at the MAX.  I think the MAX is OK, but wanted to
check with the list.  Is there something that I could have configured
incorrectly..??  Something that I can check...??  I have tried to go out to
TS and open a modem and initiate a call.  After doing an ATDT5551212 or
ATDT95551212 it just says NO CARRIER.

I have another MAX2000 with a PRI into it and it works just fine, so I know
I am not a complete idiot.  However, it has been quite a while since I've
configed a MAX and it is possible that I screwed something up.

Any hints..???

Thanks,

Alex