(ASCEND) Compiling Radius

Hi,
I'm using Ascend radius on a Debian 2.1 PC to authenticate callers. All
works perfectly. Now, I would like to compile it and install on a second
PC, to protect me against failures of the first. I've got some errors
compiling following the README and I had to include manually some
defines to let me compile it correctly.
Now, I tried it, but I get these errors:

Jul 26 15:42:07.366 radiusd[11377] /usr/local/bin/radiusd/radiusd:
Parse.check error -98 for user USER
Mon Jul 26 15:42:07 1999: /usr/local/bin/radiusd/radiusd: Parse.check
error -98 for user USER
Jul 26 15:42:07.368 radiusd[11377] Authenticate: max.gw.easynet.it1025,
id=236: Dict-Value Find Error: USER
Mon Jul 26 15:42:07 1999: Authenticate: max.gw.easynet.it1025, id=236:
Dict-Value Find Error: USER

where USER is the username that tried to connect.
I copied dictionary and users file from the first PC (where all works
fine).
Any suggestions ?
For all of you that thinks that my adjustment to source code had modified
the way it works here they are:

radius-980618:
radius.h: added following lines:
/* bsd */
typedef unsigned char           u_char;
typedef unsigned short          u_short;
typedef unsigned int            u_int;
typedef unsigned long           u_long;

radipad.c:
substitution of the use of NSIG with the actual value 45 (the same as in
the define, but I had no time to check why it was really defined)

Bye
			+--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
			| Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
			+--------+          I found it in linux.......
                                ,,,
                               (o o)