(ASCEND) Dial out Problem

We have an ascend max 4002 and we can't dial out with it at all. When we
try to open a available modem ie ascend% open 3:1, we get the server
ready message with the port we're using. We can enter at commands and
get OK responces but when we try to dial out it doesn't work on any
modem. It doesn't even try to take the modem off hook.

If someone could help, I would be very grateful. The Ascend Max 4k just
got a Ease of Setup award, but it hasn't been easy for us at all!

Thank you

Scot Tucker - Networking Support
Network Data Systems
(315) 792-1057