(ASCEND) Max 6000 Busy DNIS Unspecified=0

Hi,

We have come across a problem with the Max 6000 from the first week it was
installed.

We have DNIS enabled with unspecified 0, and 3 other numbers listed so we
can guarantee
lines for different levels of users.

After about a week the Max starts giving busy signals, even when there are
20 modems free.

The only way we found to fix the problem is to reboot the Max.

Tried upgradingt to 7.0.4 but same problem.

Today we found out that someone else has the same problem and that what is
happening is:
- A call made to a number in our 100 number range that is not specified in
DNIS gets a busy signal.  Great that's what we want.
- But what happens is the Max makes a modem BUSY for the call and does not
release it.
- Eventually you run out of spare modems and the Max gives out busy even
though not all modems actually have users connected.

ie going to diags and typing avm shows 11 modems busy with 6 users online.

Does anyone know how to hangup up on a modem in the busy list that does not
have a user conencted ?
Or a work around for the problem.

Regards

Darrell van Rensburg