Re: (ASCEND) E1/HDLC-Problem on TNT

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Jason Nealis wrote:

> Your HDLC card has gone bad. You can try taking it out and placing it
> back in the slot maybe it was a bad connection. But when you
> see : SAR: Failed internal loopback POST this means the card
> failed to pass the post test, If you do a show you will probably
> see :
>
>  { shelf-2 slot-1 0 }       POST      192hdlc2-card
>
> or reset or something.

We have an TNT with two 192hdlc-cards and see the same things.
We have removed first card one, then card two, but the same
things happend. Then we changed one card against a new card,
but the problem is still here.
Now we enable call-routing to share the load. This helps.
It seems that the cards can not handle more then sixty
calls at the same time.(Firmware 2.1.9 and 7.0.1)

Helmut Troebs