Re: (ASCEND) (rant) brain damage?

In article <fa97e6946638@news.allcon.net> you wrote:

Hi,

>On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Troy Settle wrote:

>	Maybe Ascend just sends cables with the Max 4XXX and 6XXX series
>units and TNT units just don't come with them...

Our Maxen (2000-6000) never came with any cables for the E1 interfaces
either, we simply use standard CAT5 cables for all E1/PRI equipment.
The NTs that the German Telekom installs usually don't have a pluggable
interface anyway, so you have to disassemble the darn things and screw
the cables inside. We usually torture the telco guy, he gets to watch
the procedure until we see the trunk up message on the Max :)

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <oj@nexus.flensbone.net>