(ASCEND) connections going to sleep

Hello to all,
I know this subject was talked about last year by looking at some of the archive files, but this is still a problem for me.  I have a MAX4000, 4002 and a 4048 running v5.0Ap33 on the 4000 & 4002 and v5.0Ap38 on the 4048.  On all three MAX's, with no consistent pattern, I am getting connections to "go to sleep" either shortly after connection or even during a download of a file.  The modem is still connected but they have no TCP/IP connectivity.  Any suggestions?????

Brian D. Varner
Colorado Valley Telephone Cooperative
Network Operations Manager
(409) 247-8163    brianv@cvtv.net