(ASCEND) RE: Pipeline 75 wont Idle Time out?

For what it's worth. I was having trouble with the pipeline not timing
out and disconnecting after a givin period of time. Even with all the
computers turned off it still stayed online. I linked it back to RIP.
Turned off RIP and now it disconnects fine.

Pipeline User's Guide Page 2-23
NOTE: RIP traffic resets the idle timer and updates are sent every 30
seconds. As such, you should turn off RIP for WAN connections with idle
(timer) set, or apply a Call filter for RIP updates on the WAN. If not,
the connection will never disconnect.

lowtec@flash.net