Re: (ASCEND) Filter-Id Attribute on Radius

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:07:11 +0200, flavio mantelmacher <flavio@bynet.co.il> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope that someone can help me....
>
> I'm working with AAC (Ascend Radius) and UNIX machine, I can define the
> Filter-Id="file". Can I define a list of IP addresses in this file that
> I want to block?

I'm not really familiar with Ascend Radius, but I thought that
"Filter-Id" was an item used only with Livingston equipment.  I use to
define filters for Ascend MAXs and TNTs with something like

        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in forward dstip 200.200.200.200/32",
        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip out forward srcip 200.200.200.200/32",
        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip in drop",
        Ascend-Data-Filter = "ip out drop"

in the user description in the 'users' file.  This example allows the
user to access ('forward') the IP address 200.200.200.200 and nothing
else ('drop').  You can reverse it to drop some specific address(es) and
forward everything else.

-Wilson
--
Wilson Roberto Afonso                             wilson@best.com
Disclaimer: I'm in no way connected to Best Communications, other