Re: (ASCEND) Merit RADIUS and Shared Profiles

In article <19980126230352.AAA2157@palm> you wrote:

[...]
>I added these to my Merit dictionary as a vendor specific attribute and
>added it to the users RADIUS profile as follows.
[...]
>        Ascend:Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = Shared-Profile-Yes,

There are a few things you might want to check:

1. The entry in the radius users profile should probably be:

Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = Shared-Profile-Yes
(without the "Ascend:" prefix)

the dictionary entry (hope I got this one right :) ):
Ascend.attr     Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable    128     integer (*, 0)

2. Start the merit radiusd in debugging mode (-x) and look at the
radius.debug file to see if it sends the correct reply to your max.
Here´s what I get when authentication runs on a profile containing
Ascend attributes:

    User-Name = "nexus"
    User-Password = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
    Service-Type = Outbound
    NAS-IP-Address = 194.49.86.23
    NAS-Port = 1
get_radrequest: Request from c2315617 (spike.allcon.net[2020]) access, id =
98, len = 63
    Service-Type = Framed
    Framed-Protocol = PPP
    Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255
    Framed-Routing = None
    Framed-Compression = None
    Framed-MTU = 1006
    Ascend-Shared-Profile-Enable = Shared-Profile-Yes
    Ascend-Idle-Limit = 360
send_reply: Authentication: 98/1 'nexus' from spike.allcon.net port 1
Authenticate-Only

3. For this to work, the merit radiusd must be compiled with support for
the Ascend attributes *and* the NAS client type has to be declared in
the clients file (type=Ascend:NAS).

Hope it helps...

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <olli@allcon.net>

AllCon GmbH         Lise Meitner Str. 2        D-24941 Flensburg
EMail: allcon@allcon.net     Tel: +49 461 9992-162     Fax: -165