Re: (ASCEND) ISDN dial out problem/q.931 tracing

On Tue, Jan 27, 1998 at 09:39:39PM -1000, Brian Uechi wrote:
> We were running bi-directional isdn with no problems for at least a
> year but suddenly dial out stopped working. Dialing in continues to
> work normally. We've tried 5.0Ap16 (this worked fine) and 5.0Ap36.
> The disconnect cause code is 44. Any idea what could cause this? GTE
> sent a technician out with a pri tester and was able to make a call
> on the same pri after disconnecting the max. Also testing of the pri
> facility shows no problems.

44 would mean that the requested circuit channel is not available. I
didn't look it up in Q.931 but would think it means the Max refers to
a wrong B channel number or such. Probably a code bug.

> Is there a better command than pridisplay to show the q.931 call
> control traffic? pridisplay gives a hex dump which is not very
> friendly. Any freeware decoders out there? If not, any q.931 quick
> ref online? I'd rather avoid purchasing the full ITU doc but it may
> come to that.

If it is of any use to you, I have plugged my pre-alpha absolutely in-
complete buggy and untouched-for-months code at

http://www.ibh.de/~beck/dtrace/

so it at least wont get rotten on my disk.

Andre.
--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |