(ASCEND) Q. Is there an inherent restriction for P75 not able to use static IP for NAT?

Hi,

A while ago I was told by an Ascend Tech Support that I must have
a "Dynamically assigned" IP for NAT to work on my LAN. So I switched the ISP
that provided me with a static IP to one that dynamically assigns one.

However, today, I have a particular situation (I need to provide a
world-readable site which has low bandwidth and at most 1 or 2
concurrent users) on one of machine in which p75 sits on. I need to
run webserver on it. I know I can set P75 filter to forward all packets to
the specific port 80. However, this also means that I need a static IP.

Theoretically, it should be possible to do one of the following two:

1. use a single static IP on P75, and use NAT (200.200.200.x)
on the rest of LAN. Use filter to forward all packets destined to port 80
to one machine (say 200.200.200.201) which runs the webserver.

2. ask the ISP to allocate a subnet of static IP say 16 of them and
assign one to Pipeline and the rest to each of the machines on the LAN.

Has anyone done either one of the two? I would like to implement it
this week. But the last time, I implemented static IP, it messed up
the entire network connection and I had to restore to dynamic assignment.
Any suggestions or recommendations for my scenario will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Edwin Yeh