Re: (ASCEND) Quiescenting PRIs

Jason:

I concur 100%, Stuart has added the "value" that helped
XCOM when making its decision.  As a carrier, it was important
to be able to address issues, and get them resolved in a
timely and "efficient" fashion.  Stuart adds that stability
to the engineering effort at Ascend.

My frustration rose when one of my Sr people questioned
the actual "working" of the quiesce, and I see a response
that "hey it works" from Ascend, when in fact it DOES NOT.

Now with the latest rev of code, we need to as well reboot
the TNT's VERY frequently.  So - instead of gracefully allowing
the users to exit the box, we must REBOOT the box, killing all
the open connections. That is no way to run a service company.

Shawn Lewis
slewis@xcom.net