Re: (ASCEND) Pool summary not working, any ideas?

On Sun, Jan 25, 1998 at 09:01:59PM +0000, Oliver J. Albrecht wrote:

> It appears that the max needs a reboot for the Pool Summary feature to
> work/set up a route. I loaded 5.0Ap42 last Friday and noticed that, in
> addition to the static route I had installed manually while running Ap38,
> there was now a second one:
>
> 194.64.165.0/27    -      rj0      C        0   0       2      61
>
> Anyway, today I removed the static route to 127.0.0.2 and restarted the max.
> The above route generated by the Pool Summary is there again, any static
> entries are thus obsolete.
> AFAIK that solves the whole thing. Wish the documentation had mentioned it...

Actually it appears that every non-trivial (and sometimes even those)
changes to the routing setup of a Max is best completed with a reboot.
It became better over time, but is still an issue. Seems Pool Summary
is not different...

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |