Re: (ASCEND) NAT

On 23-Jan-98 Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>At 07:32 PM 1/1/98 -0600, Don Dykes wrote:
>
>I'm replying to you right now from behind a P75/NAT which is *currently*
>assigned 192.168.169.8

This address would should show the problem with FTP.  Try oak.oakland.edu
I can log it anonymously, but an ls fails to complete correctly. (PORT command
is the last thing I see, or sometimes I get a 550 Cannot connect to
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:pppp - Connection refused.)

>>The problem seems to be created by the Pipeline issuing PORT commands with
>>leading zeros for the address parameters, e.g. 210,034,171,051.
>
>What version is this, as I thought that problem had been fixed a while ago?

I am currently running version 5.1Ap6.

>I wouldn't have thought so, and I was under the impression that the FTP
>problem
>had been fixed. I'll check into it, but which version SW are we talking about?

I certainly appreciate you checking into it.

Tnx
Don