(ASCEND) Several MAX 4004 issues

Given the variety of equipment/OS versions/options mentioned on
this list, it's been difficult for me to review for prior reso-
lutions; if you can shed any light on these issue, send private
email; I'll summarize back to the list at large.

--Wes

Equipment: MAX 4004 w/DM-12 V.32 modems, running 5.0Ap24

Issue 1:	On the T1 to our PBX, channels have suddenly started
		'freezing' in the calling state (i.e. status display
		shows 'c' for anywhere from 1-8 channels.  Logs do not
		show any call failures.  Only way to restore channels
		is to restart MAX.

Issue 2: 	V.32 modems will hold calls *if and only if* one starts
		a steady stream of traffic (e.g. an infinite ping from
		a remote host, a large FTP transfer or the like).  Logs
		usually report 'Connection timed out.'  All idle timeouts
		disabled.  Ping reports show frequent 'delay spikes' in
		excess of 10 seconds; it's as if the MAX just puts the
		connection 'on hold' for a while and then plays catchup.
		(Very few pings are dropped; they're all just delayed.)

Issue 3:	Stock RADIUS log reports "authenticateAcctReq: maxname.1023,
		id=1: bad authenticator"  ID number cycles from 1-255 and
		repeats.