(ASCEND) TNT Software Revs?

> Date:          Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:45:32 -0500 (EST)
> From:          William T Wilson <fluffy@dunadan.com>
> To:            David Henson <dhenson@ellijay.com>
> Cc:            ascend users list <ascend-users@bungi.com>
> Subject:       Re: (ASCEND) ISDN setup

> On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, David Henson wrote:
>
> > wanting to know how providers handle dialup numbers. Does everyone use a
> > single dialup number or separate numbers. Any help in this matter would
>
> With the ability of the MAX to handle ISDN and analog calls in the same
> box on the same PRI, there's little reason to give everyone separate
> numbers.  The only reason you would have for such a thing is if you want
> to put ISDN callers on a separate MAX and/or PRI from the analog customers
> (to ensure them less busy signals, or to save on digital-modem cards).
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
I am the proud ? new owner of (2) TNT's. One is to be used to handle two PRI's
( mostly analog calls only a couple of ISDN nailed ) and two Frames from
different vendors.  This will replace a 4000HP that has performed 24/7 for many
months running 5.0AP16 with NO problems. The other is simply to be used as an
analog modem box ( although they are all 56Mod48 ).  This is to replace a 4048
that has been in place for 90 days and is now too small.  Both boxes will be
statically routed.  They are only hauling traffic to a focal point which then
does most of the work.

I have seen dicussions about the failings of the different revisions of the
software for these boxes.  Does anyone using them have any input about which
of the software versions are suited to the tasks?

Regards
Simon

Simon Drummond               INTOP, Inc.
Network Administrator        601/371-1028 Voice
sibear@intop.net             601/371-1639 Fax