Re: (ASCEND) Quiescenting PRIs

At 05:59 AM 1/23/98 -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> [...]
DOES

>> > Have you found it to be reliable?
>>
>> 	Yes very, Bell doesn't really like it because of the fact that
>> they will get alarms after a periode of time. What I usually do when all
>> of our customers are off the quiesced PRIs, is to put a loopback plug on
>> ou DSX panel. Just in case your not in the Telco business, that's where we
>> get our T1/PRI terminated. In your case you probably have rack mounted
>> Bell Larson or something like that unit. Next time Bell comes to install
>> new circuit, ask the to show you how to put it in loopback and how to take
>> it off. This way Bell never gets any alarms.
>> 	If I couldn't do this, it would be hell to maintant those Ascend.
>>

>We are the CO. Our TNT's are directly connected to a Nortel DMS
>500. The alarms are minor invconveniences to the RBOC CO, but
>the alarm is an out so I can't say I blame them for not liking
>it.
>
>Our experience has been the queise<sp!> is not reliable. Perhaps
>I should revisit this.

The way this works is that we send CUSTOM messages to the switch telling it
to take the channel out of service. The reason the messages are custom is
that there is no standard method to do this. I forwarded a request through
the NIUF to add this feature to (North American) National ISDN. I don't
know the status though.

So we built this custom feature originally for the 5ESS. Later we added it
for the DMS-100. Does the DMS-500 use the same ISDN code?

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com