Re: (ASCEND) Interest poll for comp.dcom.sys.ascend

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Devin Ganger wrote:

> Mind you, this may be because my feed is in the backwaters and therefore
> has plenty of time for the spam cancels to catch up enroute, but I've

Why fool with it?

The purpose of newsgroups, in the modern world, is to make it easy for the
masses to get together and trade porn and ask stupid questions.  Consider
the signal to noise ratio here, as opposed to comp.dcom.anything and
you'll find it's much higher.

The reason suggested for creating a newsgroup was to make it easier for
people to find.  But I think this would be achieved just as well by making
the support list featured on the Ascend website...

> Although I'd like to stay away from a moderated group, if at all

That would be insane.  Make it easy for new users to find the group, but
they can't ask questions on it....

> newsfeed or if it really is, as it seems to me to be, in a quieter part
> of Usenet.

It is.  But I'd still like to leave it out of usenet altogether...