Re: (ASCEND) Interest poll for comp.dcom.sys.ascend

At 03:45 PM 1/19/98 -0800, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>At 05:37 PM 1/20/98 -0500, William T Wilson wrote:
>>On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Devin Ganger wrote:
>>
>>> variety of telecommunications equipment.  A group that specifically
>>> addresses Ascend products is conspicuously absent.
>>
>>HOT XXX ROUTERS!  MAKE 500,000 MODEMS IN ONLY TWO WEEKS!
>>
>>No thanks, I'll pass.  However, making the mailing list more apparent on
>>the Ascend web page, might be useful to those having a hard time finding
>>the list.  :)
>
>Good point. I don't know the latest in anti-spamming techniques on USENET.
>Is there a good method for preventing it?

I see this kind of junk from time-to-time on various newsgroups. Even "XXX
Adult Sites" being cross-posted to all of the "hi-tech" comp.dcom groups. I
think it's nowhere near as prevalent as the SPAM/junk-email that I get
personally,
but it is still there.

Kevin