Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

    Well, that's quite interesting, because I actually had the problems with
    rebooting in p36 too, and was advised to go up to p38 by Dave Walsh (who
    had been escalating this up to engineering). P33 was the last one which
    didn't reboot all the time.

We also do see accasionally reboot problems with p36. They seem to be
load related. Just before the reboots we see complaints coming out in
the debug window while no debuuging is switched on over ``Cannot
allocate Keyboard tasks'' or something like that. Why we never even
tried p38 is because the announcement of its availabilaty said:

	5.0Ap38 for the MAX products has been given to support.  This release
	contains the following corrections:

	[list of corrections removed]

	Note: This release is not recommended for E1 users of
	modem-sharing dial-out applications (for example, Ascend
	MAXDial). In laboratory testing, some configurations failed to
	dial out reliably.

Although we don't do MaxDial, we do some form of call-out. And the
whole statement made me suspisicious about this version.

    Of course, backing out will give us moans from K56 users cos they will
    get 2K drops. No win!

Yes, We know these problems. Customers often only see the absolute
numbers and they complain, forgetting that the local telecom only
garantees 9600 connect speed (used to be 2400). However we do see quite
a lot of connects on 33600.

	jaap