(ASCEND) Max 40xx 5.0Ap38

Before updating to 5.0Ap38 (on both a Max 4000, and a 4048) there were
several users having problems connecting.  When these users *would* get
connected, they would get sparatic and frequent disconnects.  I updated to
5.0Ap38 to see if this fixes the problem (as the entire reasoning behind
releasing a new version would be to FIX problems right?  Well, it seems as
though this patch has caused more problems than it fixes, because now a
*lot* of users are having problems with disconnections.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem, and which release is the *best* to run according
to your experience?

                             Kevin D. Smith
                      (not the Ascend Kevin Smith)

WARNING: Pseudo-random quote follows: