Re: (ASCEND) Maxcall problem

At 06:33 PM 1/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 04:26 PM 1/15/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>
>>You need to get the lastest ascend.mib. Try the one I attached in the email.
>>
>>Daniel
>>

>>At 04:22 PM 1/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>>Can anyone please help me, especially Joe Shaw with this problem that I am
>>>having with maxcall.
>>>
>>> maxcall -h fwasc1 -c <commstring>
>>>get : (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
>>>CallRef Elapsd Time Speed Channel Modem User       IP Address      Service
>>>------- ----------- ----- ------- ----- ---------- ---------------
>>>-------------
>>>
>>>0 analog calls, 0 digital calls, 0 calls total
>>>
>>>I have the most current ascend.mib installed.  Any ideas what this could
>>>be?  Am I using the wrong mib?
>>>

>Thanks, that is what I needed.  I had gotten the ascend.mib from the ascend
>ftp site.  Do you happen to know why it wasn't working?  I would have
>thought that they would have had the most up to date  and accurate one.
>
>Anyway thanks again it is working smoothly now.

I failed on the same situation as you do when I first use it. I then search
it and I found the original ftp server where I can get the maxcall program
and also the ascend.mib file. Then I realised that you need to combine
several mibs to make one up because the maxcall involve several mib calls
which the "ascend.mib" alone does not have it. The one I sent to you has
"ascend.mib" and "session.mib" and ...

Daniel