(ASCEND) Max to Max Link

Hi there.  I am trying to get get a Max 4000 in our local office to dial
and connect a single B-Channel to another Max 4000 in a remote office.  I
have set up connection profiles on both machines but I can't get the
connection to work.  The local Max initiates the call then sits for a few
seconds then reports no connection.  The remote Max never seems to
register the incoming call.

Is there some trick with the outgoing phone number?  The remote Max is
long distance and I am dialling using trunk group 9 so I preface the
number with 91.  Could it be some sort of authentication problem?

If anyone has clear instruction on how to do this or any tips I would be
extremely grateful.  I need to get this working ASAP!  Thanks in advance.

Bill Moniz
AracNet.