(ASCEND) Multiple Defaults in Radius

Hello All,

  I made a patch for Radius that will allow you to have 'multiple
defaults' as I call it based upon the unix group ID of the person being
authenticated.

Has this already been done and I just didnt find it?

It allows you to do things like this:

Example: username = joe, unix gid = 105

First it will of course look for 'joe', then it will look
for the DEFAULT-105 profile like this one:

DEFAULT-105 Password = "UNIX"
	User-Service = Framed-User,
	Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 9,
	<Other filters, router specific to this group profile>

Then it will look for the 'DEFAULT' profile as a last resort.

Does the Access-Control Product do this? I dont have it and am just
curious..

I found it to be useful, rather than maintaining large numbers of accounts
in the users file, simply group em together in unix groups.

My personal use of this was for a demo type of account that could dial
into our Maxen, roam our network, but not get out, this is down by
assigning the user an RFC1918 ip address from another ip pool and allowing
the unix boxes to run RIP for updates from the Terminal servers..Works
like a charm..

Would anyone else be interested in this patch? (Direct email me, no need
for the list to see it..)

I have tested it fairly well, added DEBUG output when running in DEBUG
and made it work in DBM mode also..Most likely I will clean it up a lil
more and put it on an FTP site if I get too many 'yes's ..If not, I will
directly email it to you..

Total patch size is 1.7k ..

Cheers..

------
Jason Ackley               jackley@taos.com
UNIX Systems Consultant - Taos Mountain Software
           "Learn UNIX and mingle with the gods.."