(ASCEND) NT Dials P75 on Bootup

I have been trying to track down why my NT 4/sp3 system dials the P75
when I reboot.

I used wddi on the router to see what is happening. The dialing call is
an ICMP request from port 2048 to the isp dns server. My networking
guide does not define port 2048, but I would assume it is an address
translation request to build the route tables or in response to a
setting somewhere?

I do not have anything of which I am aware that would send a dns
request upon workstation initialization. I do have two entries in my
LMHOSTS file.

I would like to suppress the dial, but am not sure where to look next.
Anyone else seen something like this?

---
Please do not give, sell, or otherwise distribute our address
information to any other organization or entity.
           <golfing at iname.com>
              Dallas, Texas