Re: (ASCEND) Slowest K56 ever?

I don't know who's PCMCIA you're talking about, but we
paused the handshake for 4 seconds on all PCMCIA and it seems
to work just fine. Otherwise, I'd suggest local loop as a culprit.

There's no rhyme of reason to the solution, but we've seen it work.

At 01:27 AM 03-01-98 -0500, William T Wilson wrote:
>What is the slowest speed that anyone has seen on a K56 modem?  I
>conducted an interesting test with a bewildered customer.  We took his
>PCMCIA k56 modem (an actiontec of some sort), and his laptop, into the
>office with the MAX where we got 50K (we have PRI's).  The next day we
>took it to his house where we got only 28.8.  :( Then we took it to his
>office, where we also got only 28.8 (all this according to what win95 says
>upon connection).  Now, my question is, has anyone ever seen a K56 modem
>perform this badly?  His regular 28.8 modem gets 26K on his home phone
>line, also.  Has anyone ever heard of something like this?  I never saw a
>Kflex modem get less than about 33-35K.  Did we screw up his configuration
>somehow or does this actually happen from time to time?

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                       hannigan@xcom.net
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108