Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 stuck BRIs

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Peter Chow wrote:

> We have this problem on our Max 1800s as well (analog only).  When the
> BRI is stuck in the "r" state, there is an Answer in the "show users"
> for that channel.  I've seen instances where there is an actually session
> up and running on that, but sometimes people get ring-no-answer as well.
> This was with 5.0Ap16
>
> According the the 5.0Ap42 release notes, this was TR1773, which was
> supposed to be fixed in 5.0Ap23.  But when we upgrade to Ap42, we were
> getting reboot problems, so the "r" problem is on the back burner for
> now until we find a stable version.  Backed down to Ap38 to see what
> happens.

I think you'll find that TR1773 is specific to Switch-Type=Australian.
We have a curious situatiopn where our old ISDN BRIs (not the new
Euro-ISDN ones) go to sleep after a period of inactivity.  TR1773, AFAIK,
was directed at getting the wake-up sequence right on Aus lines (it was
something really weird like the line going to sleep (per-chance) just
after the switch presented a call setup message).

Perhaps one of the APTAC guys can step in and clarify this (although
mentions of a stuck "r" has been known to send them screaming ;-)?

Regards,
Neale.