Re: (ASCEND) 7.10.6 software for the DSL MAX 20

"Randy E. Reinhardt" wrote:

> Actually everyone, ignore Ascends claim of a thousand PVC's on a DSL
> Terminator....It's 64 - that's right, 64 PVC's using the built-in profiles.
> If you are silly enough to want to do more then that, IE going to RADIUS,
> there is NO WAY to control the traffic shaping/speeds of any of the RADIUS
> permconn profiles. (yes, we use that CPE bridged to DSLAM and even bridged
> through the Terminator scenario)

Traffic shaping is not an issue for me since I charge for bandwidth
usage (megs transferred) above a base amount (I do need SNMP for this).
Also, I do not need and do not want to authenticate users, so I don't
need user profiles.  If I can assign (for each BIR and without Radius)
the subnet for each location or group of related locations, then that
would meet my needs.  If these assignments have to be dynamic to get
above 64 pvc's, that would be out of the question.

--Tony