FW: (ASCEND) Navis cost too much

Thanks
For graphing 128K links on our max we just graph the remote router's wan port.  Most all of our clients are using ascend or cisco for their isdn routers so it makes it easy.

One approach:  You could generate a new mrtg file each time before running mrtg that has the current ports for the links your monitoring.
Get inventive with an expect script to telnet into the max (like the finger2 example) and drop to term serv mode, do a show users or what have you, spit all this out to a file, then use say a perl script to parse the info and create a new mrtg.cfg file with the current ports for the links, and then run mrtg on this config file.  Piece it all together with a shell script to do each step in sequence, then run this shell script from a cron every 5 minutes instead of just running mrtg directly.

Scott McDonald
Systems Engineer
MyLink, Inc.
Admin@MyLink.net