(ASCEND) Max 1800 Lost Its Mind :-(

I have several Max 1800s all running 6.1.7 and 7.0.4 code.. Nothing special
- no RADIUS or OSPF, just hard coded profiles in the box doing Centrex ISDN
BRI stuff and static routing.

I had one of the 6.1.7 boxes take a dump this morning - it just forgot
everything.  No routes, no User Profiles, no SPIDs, nothing.  All it
remembered was it's ethernet IP address and default route.  As a side note,
I might add that I could not access the box using the console - only telnet
access worked.  I proceeded to FCLEAR and NVRAM the box and reload the
config, and it is working fine now.

Has anyone ever seen this?   Is this something I can expect from the 1800s?
I have lots of Maxen 40xx and 60xx, some TNTs, and a plethora of Pipelines,
but I am fairly fresh with the 1800s.  I have never had any of the above
mentioned boxen do anything like this.

Just curious.

Thanks in advance,

Todd A. Blank