Re: (ASCEND) Max 4048

Sounds like the problems I had with versions of software below 7.0.4.
Some of the channels on the PRI were marked as busy. The Maxen are
connected to an Ericcson telephone switch using DPNSS. The DPNSS/DASS2
code was broken in some Ascend software versions between 6.1.24 and
7.0.4

The symptoms were that a number of lines on each PRI gave a busy tone
when dialled. (I am able to dial the individual modem lines within a PRI
on our telephone switch.) Sometimes the whole PRI went into 'blocked'
mode on the telephone switch which in effect marked it as being down.

I have more info reagrding this problem from mail messages sent at the
time - let me know if you need to see them, but I believe your solution
will be to go to a software revision above 7.0.4

Jill BEll
Bradford University
UK