(ASCEND) VPN Help

Hi all,

Please don't flame me if these questions seem basic as I haven't even
looked into this sort of stuff yet (although the manual is coming out
tonite) and just need some direction here.

Is it possible to have a VPN between two remote locations without the
clients computers having to do anything with establishing the VPN.
ie When they dial into the NAS's at either end the NAS handles all the
encryption and associated work to do with the VPN and the Win machines
simply think they're dialing straight into their network.

- If so is this PPTP, ATMP or something else?
- We have a Max4000(6.1.3) does the other end need to be a Max as well (or
would it just make it easier to set up)

Any other comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray