Re: (ASCEND) New Max/TNT/Pipeline HTML docs

At 11:11 AM 4/28/98 -0400, Joe Pautler wrote:
>Andre Beck wrote:
>]
>]> Pipeline 6.0 and TNT 2.0. You can ftp your own copy in HTML to load on
your
>]> hard drive. This is a wonderful resource and I think you will be pleased
>]> with what they have created.
>]
>]If one puts it on a web server and doesn't limit access to it, thats
>]hopefully still no problem ?
>
>i don't uderstand why ascend doesn't just do this?  why don't they
>just make these manuals available on their web site, rather putting
>zipped version on their ftp server?  disk space?

I think the biggest reason is bandwidth to the web server. If a 1000 people
are searching the manuals on our web page, things will be pretty slow. It's
much better for everyone to have these on a local server.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com