Re: (ASCEND) HTML docs

Matt Holdrege wrote:
]
]OK, you complained, we listened. The HTML docs are now permanently located at:
]
]ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Doc/MaxTNT/2.0.X/tnt-2.0.0.zip (2669K)
]ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Doc/Max/Manual/m6-6.0.0.zip (2267K)
]ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Doc/Pipeline/Manual/pipe60.zip (1472K)

just in case anyone else wants to make these available on a unix
web server, below is a little script that will convert all of
the ".htm" stuff to ".html".  i used it for the max and tnt, but
not the pipe....i assume it will work for that too.

for those who may not have "fgres", all it does is replace all
occurances of some string, to some other string, in some file.
i imagine it is available at numerous places on the 'net.

======================
#!/bin/csh

## htm2html.csh
## NOTE: this will only descend one directory deep, and was specifically
## written for conversion of ascend docs.  it must be modified in
## order to work for all "general" cases.

set path = (/util/bin /usr/bin)

## the next line is needed for the TNT file 2.0.0/index.html.
## it does nothing if run from max6000/.
fgres ".htm" ".html" index.html

foreach i (*)
  if (-d $i) then
     cd $i