Re: (ASCEND) Can I busy ports on a 4048 for testing purposes

On 27 Apr 98 at 2:29, Brian Uechi wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Tom Wagoner wrote:
>
> > Can I busy ports on a 4048 for testing purposes.
> > We have another 4048 that we need to busy all 48 modems before the next Max
> > gets used.  That was the logic we asked for from the Telco.  Can anyone
> > help?
>
> You could disconnect the T1 lines on the first Max but your callers
> won't be happy. Quiescing the lines work much better. It busies out
> idle lines but leaves callers connected. Remaining lines are busied
> out as callers hang up.
>
> Net/T1 > Line Config -> config name -> 1st Line -> Quiesced

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but is there any way of Ascend
implementing this on an E1/PRI, or is there something in E1 that
stops you doing it?

It would be a nice feature to have on our kit for maintenance
purposes. At the moment we either have to kick the users off, or ask
the Telco to Quiesce the PRI at their end, which means we're sort of
dependent on their NMC doing us "favours" to get it done quickly and
when we need it doing.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes - Network Services         mike@dircon.net