Re: (ASCEND) Big modem pool

> One of the advantages of the MAX6000 is alleged to be increased stacking
> capacity.  From memory, the practical stacking limit referenced for
> MAX4000 was something like 5, and it was implied that the 10Mb/s ethernet
> is a primary limitation.  I have no idea to what extent adding a switch
> would alleviate this.

 Correct, Let's face it, the 6000 is what the 4000 should have been, All
it needed was a little over engineering which Ascend sometimes lacks, I'd
have to disagree that the 10MB ether was the limitation on the the max
amount of chassis in a stack environment, The 4004's just are not built to
try and parse through such broadcast traffic.

I'm also starting to wonder about these Voice Over IP cards for the 4004,
I thought surely these would be designed strictly for the 6000 and not the
4004, It's going to be interesting in seeing how the 4004 is going to
perform in a 100% VOIP scenario.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet