Re: (ASCEND) NAT and Ascend

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:25:43 -0400 (EDT), William T Wilson
<fluffy@dunadan.com> wrote:

:>That has got to be a mistake.  Maybe they were thinking of the P25 which
:>is only designed for that kind of load.  The P50 and P75 should all
:>support perhaps 100 or so connections, assuming the NAT bug is fixed so

Of these 100 connections, how many users connected to a P75 could be
realistically supported at one time? A single BRI is 128K (maybe 256K
with compression). If 10 users were active, each user would average out
at 12K w/o compression. That is not much in the way of response time.

I am trying to configure a small lab (22 machines) that would be using
Internet and mainframe services. My initial thinking is that it would
require 4 BRI lines (maybe a 1800 on each end?) to support 20
simultaneous users with reasonable response rates. Am I missing
something?

[snip]

:>as many users as you can reasonably put on your one BRI (which I would
:>think, would be somewhat less than 100 if they are all using it at once!)

How many users can be on a single BRI at any one time?

---
Please do not give, sell, or otherwise distribute our address
information to any other organization or entity.
           <golfing at iname.com>
              Dallas, Texas