Re: (ASCEND) Problem with ATMP / Oracle

It could be that the NT server isn't handling fragments. When you send a
large file, it usually sends it at the full MTU. For PPP that's generally
1500 bytes. You don't say what kind of media is between the Max 4000's. If
it's Ethernet, then 1500 bytes is the maximum MTU. But the native IP packet
at 1500 bytes, has another 28 bytes for the tunnel headers. So the packet
must be fragmented. This is fine as long as the target host can handle
fragments.

So you can check NT, it may need a service pack or some registry entry
changed. If you aren't using Ethernet between the FA and HA, then you
should boost the MTU on the link to some number higher than 1528.