Re: (ASCEND) Can PAP and scripted PPP coexist?

At 17:51 1998/04/21 -0500, alex@crawfish.suba.com wrote:
>But is it possible to configure the Max so that it does both?  I see in
>the radius book that I can define custom menus that would be script
>compatible with our old menus.

I think this should do it, and I have this exact setup
on my systems, but I may have missed a couple of options,
someone please speak up if you notice anything missing:

Ethernet->Mod Config->Tserv Options->TS Enabled=Yes
                                     PPP=Yes
                                     Security=Full
                                     PPP Delay=1

This will pop up the normal "Login:" propmt after waiting one second,
if the Max receives a PPP packet while it waits it will go straight into
PPP PAP/CHAP mode, otherwise it waits for a text login.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D