(ASCEND) Pipe 75 Not routing properly

A client has a pipe75 connecting to a max1800.  The max1800 is behind a
firewall.  The firewall is set to be the default route on the max, and
the max is set to be the default route on the pipe.  When the pipe calls
the max, the pipe can access any IP outside the network that the max is
on, but nothing on the network that the max is on.  The pipe can ping
the firewall, but no other ip's (i.e. - the firewall is xxx.xxx.xxx.15
and the pipe can ping .15, but can't ping xxx.xxx.xxx.16 and has no
problems pinging zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz).

I thought that maybe it had something to do with the firewall, so I
setup the pipe to call a max that was on a diffent network with no
firewall.  The pipe had no problems getting to the max, but no further.

It sounds to me like a config problem, but I can't seem to figure out
why it wouldn't be able to see anyting on the network that the max is
on.

Any thoughts?  Ideas?
--
---