Re: (ASCEND) Ascend going mad ? (was: Stable code for Max 1800)

>  I think I now understand why Cisco  is  such  a  dominant  player  in  this
>  market. I'm going to start shopping my business around.

I sent e-mail to both ascend and cisco about a
problem i was having connecting a cisco box to
an ascend box. I sent the e-mails within 5 minutes
of each other.

I had swapped about a dozen e-mails in 4 days with a
guy at cisco trying to solve the problem when i got
a message from acsend telling me to go look at their
web page.

Ascend support pales in comparison to cisco's it just
isn't even close.

Next system i set up will be 100% cicso. Support is *the*
most important thing a company can do, and Ascend doesn't
do it very well at all.

Graham[well vented]