Re: (ASCEND) Constant recurring FE 29

At 06:26 PM 4/18/98 -0700, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>We've determined that the problem below is caused by a user with an HP
>Palmtop running WWW/LX Plus (http://www.dasoft.com).  The user
>upgraded from version 1 to version 2 yesterday, and since then, every
>time he logs in our Maxen crash with FE 29.

>From our customer support logs:

"Problem is caused by software compression.  If the MAX is setup for any
form of compression then the MAX will reboot upon connection.

For now I've asked customer to add "Ascend-Link-Compression =
Link-Comp-None" to the user's Radius profile or turn compression
off in his MAX units."

Engineering are working on a fix.

Kevin